View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 11:09 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
I hate to say it but I think you're about 150 years too late to do what you are wanting to do.

I see no way to go off the grid without purchasing land....and not just land but land with resources.....water , game....etc.

150 years ago there was still unclaimed wilderness to be found...these days, every single acre worldwide is owned by somebody.

I suppose you could go out into the wilderness of some national park and live out there till the rangers catch up with you for trespass on public lands.

Do you even know the skills needed to survive this way??? I've done it in a limited short term way and it's a lot harder than you imagine.

My advice....make some money and buy some rural property to enjoy on the weekends.

But it will be expensive.....here in Texas where I'm at, ranch land is running $1500 to $3000 per acre...and that's with no improvements.

I'm glad I bought my place 25 years ago before the prices got crazy......I own 15 sections Southwest of San Antonio and paid $95 an acre back in the 1980's

I couldn't afford what it would cost to buy such a property now.

These are exactly the challenges I mean. It's pretty much impossible what I'm wanting to do. Maybe these are leftover urges from a past life? Idk.