View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
There is indeed merit in surrender, but also holding on.
Nice! Even if what "I" say is wrong, "I" must say, "I" can feel it, cause it feels just like both of you said. The reason for me is cause it means (the) "I" goes aways. The illusion it dies. I become something else. I am so comfortable in "I". There are 2 "I's". I (am) will no longer be, me. I am unique, I am the only one of me there is. I lose me and I can't return. I lose myself. I'm gone. I'm scared! "I" become I. The I outside, not inside. "I" lose myself. The ego seeks....... Survival instinct and here we thought we were thinking but we were feeling. Is this a level to. I'd rather be here as I am then not be here.... selfish. The same motivations inside the tiniest creature is the same in us? All that I have learned was..................... I think we do not know our place in everything imo, we think we are the reason of everything, the center of all this. But I guess this is only me and only me. I experienced it once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
The ego seeks stimulation and excitement. But this is counter to spiritual advancement. You are by nature a very creative powerhouse. So no real progress is made.

If you want to advance spiritually you need to focus on harmony and depth. You need to go inside and get quiet.

The depth scares you at first because it appears empty. You need to face yourself and your fears because you are no longer distracted by stimulation. Those fears are exactly the things that need to be addressed in order to advance. But they are never as big as they appear and will dissipate surprisingly quickly if you can get to the depth and sit with it and not get stuck to it. Don't allow it to generate another drama, just observe and let go as best you can. I have been told the mind cannot transcend or leap beyond what it knows, but I still think it can. In fact people cannot function well by new thinking and interacting. It is really interesting if you did we'd probably not survive as we do, btw.

Again, I may be wrong, but "I" also feel just what you said. I'm not going to deny any of this.

But I will also say, I've seen some really bad examples of spiritual persona as examples and I don't want to be like them but better....lol.

In a way it is like the computer reprogramming itself. It's up to you, it's your choice. Also keep in mind the brain must believe (have) something. It cannot not. It's kinda like our discussion that nothing isn't possible. Otherwise we'd go mad instead of be knowing. Try right now thinking a a new thing. You can't can you. Even me telling you this, can you. Try again. This is why the brain is repetitive (pattern oriented), it will take the same route each time. A person cannot grasp infinity for instance, yet we think we do. We understand it by going beyond it so to speak.

Last edited by lemex : 07-10-2017 at 06:31 PM.