View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Master
Can we use it to heal in general, to free up our energies, to overcome general negativity and fear, and to gain control over the ego? If so, how do we go about it?

Yes, we can... but EFT works best when we tap on specific memories, feelings or issues. The subconscious mind and energy flows we are releasing are precise, not global.

I often get unnecessarily anxious, I don't know the route 'thought' but I can feel it in my chest. EFT doesn't seem to do much for that, do I keep doing it everyday or do I have to find the cause?

If your tapping isn't working it's time to look more closely into what you are feeling beneath the surface. Just breathe with the sensation in your chest, then breathe and ease down through to feel what's underneath, and tap on that. Keep going down through the layers.

In my experience, focusing on the feeling and the memory of how and when it began is usually more effective than getting the thought.

peacegarden... We don't use EFT to try to 'control ego', as that sense of false identity is simply a collection of beliefs and feelings about ourselves. Instead, look into those beliefs and feelings and tap thoroughly with each one to release them and open your mind... working gradually through them every day.

Xan