View Single Post
Old 21-07-2018, 08:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
jojo50,

Thanks for sharing this scripture. I was not familiar with it so I thought it would be worthwhile to read the entire chapter of 22 Ezekiel. It was a scathing indictment of Jerusalem and I fear it could be a similar indictment for our present times.

22:4....."Therefore I will make you an object of scorn to the nations and a laughingstock to all the countries. Those who are near and those who are far away will mock you, O infamous city, full of turmoil". Isn't this happening on some scale in our present times?

22:29 "The people of the land practice extortion and commit robbery; they oppress the poor and needy and mistreat the alien, denying them justice". Once again familiar enough to sound quite familar and causes one to be uncomfortable.

The gap prayer implored to find one who would stand up and confront these outrages in a visible effort and way to save the city. In our times we look for the same thing. Others seem to doubt the efficacy of intercessory prayer but I would beg to disagree. But then sometimes scriptures seem to speak wisdom to you personally, whereas others see no message.

' Others seem to doubt the efficacy of intercessory prayer '

Intercessory prayers won't feed the worlds hungry....., neither comfort the injured in war zones, actions speak louder than words.....