View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 04:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I really wish this world was a perfect place. Peace Harmon, 72°f and sunny everyday. But it's not. But one can't let that infect you. These people who flew the aeroplane's probably really felt they were doing the right thing. They felt they were protecting there country. I believe they were. Wouldn't you fight for what you believe in? As a whole people believe in different things. Like Hitler belived all Jews should die. I believe everyone is equal. I would be willing to fight for equality. To give "the bad guy" love and understanding probably won't work simply because for example I'll never understand why people should die because of there race/religion. But we can change the masses one person at a time to do good for humanity. It's all about one's attitude twords a topic.

It is of course very difficult to suddenly put everything you've been brought up with on its head.
Difficult to think that those people who flew the aeroplanes bringing destruction and death to countless people could be classified as evil. But they are evil, it's so simple - killing is evil - killing has nothing to do with love, that famous 'unconditional love', something we so-called God lovers, all shout so loudly about.
It isn't about 'one's attitude towards a topic' it's about one's actions in the face of choice. Listening to your 'betters' or 'the experts' is a challenge for each of us to understand that choices in life are personal, blowing a ship out of the water on the whim (for it cannot be anything else) of a politician or 'leader', cannot be excused by putting the blame on someone else (I was ordered to do it). That world you see through your eyes is your world, what you do with it is your responsibility.
Were I to say that I'd fight for that in which I believe gets rather spoilt by the fact that my enemy is also fighting for that which he believes. We can't both be right - or maybe we can because nobody knows. The winner will be he who is stronger and not he who is right - because there is no right or wrong there is only that - Belief.
Right or wrong is only in our human minds, remove us from this planet and any moral or ethical standards fall away.
If we want that peace and harmony you mentioned we'll have to stop destroying and instead we'll have to get together and offer our help.