Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 07:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by august2803
Hello!

Is it like if I say I love myself I will meet I hate myself later to balance it out?

I am confused if I should change my thought, for example if I think I am a loser I should change it to I am a winner.

Is this the way it is done?:)

Love and hate are opposites on the emotional plane, which is the level of duality. When we affirm that we love ourselves we are not dealing with the emotions, we are coming from somewhere deeper. Loving ourselves means that we recognise the beauty of our inner nature, we accept our personality with all its limitations, and we feel compassion for the personality struggling to do its best.

And if you consider yourself as a loser or a failure then by all means affirm that you are a successful winner. But you also have to resolve any subconscious feelings you have about being a failure. Otherwise you outwardly declare that you are a success, but inwardly you deny this. Affirmations do not work for many people because they subconsciously resist what they affirm.

We also need to be aware of our self-talk, that never-ending stream of mental chatter. We may spend 30 minutes affirming that we are wonderful but then we spend the rest of the day criticising ourselves as being hopeless. Affirmations require that all our mental and emotional processes support what we are affirming.

Peace.