View Single Post
Old 23-04-2018, 03:40 PM
Master
No, you initially buy the chickens and then start a whole new system based upon non-slaughter. As for crowing roosters...
the barns can be put in the back of a garden tens of meters away from houses, and chickens can be kept inside until most people wake up..

You say you are concerned about the cows being kept inside, you'd rather see them outside. But if we all followed a vegan diet then what becomes of them? The chickens would be able to rewild no doubt, but cows likely wouldn't as most breeds, especially the commercial ones, are too docile..

I am thinking about solutions here that don't include slaughter and at the same time still provide people with a quick and environmentally sustainable source of protein. The dilemma is what to do with all the roosters.. Perhaps technology is a solution, that is biased towards the females. I don't know, but complete removal of the domestic chicken seems like a missed opportunity to me, because they do provide, in the form of eggs, an easy and green (if small scale) source of protein which doesn't have to involve slaughter..

Milk, eggs, and honey do not have to be products of suffering..!