View Single Post
Old 28-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Master
Yes. The idea is that if there is an alternate source of "supernatural" inspiration outside of God and one's own connection with the divine, people may be misled by the flashiest oracle rather than being grounded in a true spiritual relationship with God, self, and others.

Although it applies to both men & women, it addresses women (?). Presumably they were the bigger threat (LOL)? Then again we have Deborah and the matriarchs who were known for prophetic sight.

The kohanim have preserved much internal esoteric knowledge of spiritual or energy healing and other aspects of akasha that would be called "divination" or "time travel" today and yet retain a very sacred essence. Their intention or purpose is to elevate and santify the souls of the Jewish people and more broadly to assist in tikkun. And I think this is the kavanah underlying a lot of mystical orientation to prayer.

I think 1) identification of the Source (i.e. it's all from God...I am a channel) and 2) purpose and intent are what separate the sacred from the profane. Is this for God? Is this service to others? Or to self?

Spirituality and elevation requires grounding first. Perhaps it's the distracting and superficial entertainment aspect that was to be discouraged, whereas real healing or prophetic vision would be welcomed in a sacred and purposeful venue, with proper humility. Who makes that determination is another question...I leave that to the experts ;)

l'shalom,
7L