View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 07:54 PM
Experiencer

Ah Mirea I'm the same as you! I pick everything up from others, often leaving me confused and drained if their energy was very negative and repressed. I'm like a sponge. Needless to say I need a lot of time alone to recharge and refresh and find my own center.

Grounding, as others here have said, is the key word. What helps me is doing practical things that need doing, like cleaning or taking care of my dogs or garden. Nothing too taxing, and preferably something hands on.

Another helpful technique for me is being aware of my breath. As soon as I realize that I'm again picking up on 'vibes' I remember my breath. Feel my breath, in and out, feel it, follow it, be aware of it. I centers and calms me and also helps me understanding where these emotions came from.

Also important is, as I already said above, to take time out, be alone. When another person is too overwhelming for me and I feel I can't handle it I distance myself physically. For example, if my husband is in a terrible mood and directs it at me, I leave the room. I come back after a while when he is a bit calmer and I have found my center point again.

I'm still learning ...