View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 04:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple
Broadband sensing evolved for the purpose of being receptive to and aware of sudden movements and changes with smells, sounds and sights, in the immediate environment. - With reference to seeing :

'Looking with two eyes', is an idea which may help you get into the feeling quickly. Put your hands up between your eyes, so you block the central area. You will get an impression of how it is to see with eyes on both sides of your face. Then take your hands away and just imagine you have two separate eyes on the sides of your face. Then forget you've got two eyes and just look.

Look at everything you can see and see everything you're looking at. Wait until it all merges into the oval shape of your field of vision, then look at the whole picture – if you are outside, you will see lots of things moving, but don't look at them, just notice them, keep looking at the whole picture.

My experience is that instead of looking at the world like a T.V. screen, it feels as though i'm right up inside the T.V.. The normal feeling of subject looking at object is considerably different, it's a 'being with' what i'm seeing, instead of looking at it.

Source : The Perfect Blind Spot
howtobenow.online/links.html

I can understand more now after reading this. Did you have to keep something in front of your face to start with? I've been having a go, but of course as soon as I take my hands down I just refocus in front of me again. Would take a lot of practice? Can I ask you what benefits you've found?