View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
It was lengthy, but I did read through it, not fully, but lots of it.

I am curious as to when the mind stays in the intent of the I am, is it actually holding those words in the mind as a focus Gem? As an example if one were meditating, is it the words as the intent?

I don't think so, more like placing the attention on where the self is. With the words 'who am I?', one has to also look to find out.

Quote:
In the past I have done positive affirmations of the I Am, but with affirming additions after it. This was to change my mindset from my own lack, or inability to trust in the process, or just a self worth thing. They were varied. I did these over two years and they shifted me to let go of the old binds and connect to a new mindset as the affirming words.

Wow I didn't actually expect anyone would read it. I've read it, but more like bit by bit since I downloaded it a few years back. I like this book a lot.

Really? Affirmation? My first touch on spirituality apart for Christian religion was healing centre that was based on Louise Hay's affirmations - I think her book was called 'You Can Heal Your Life', but affirmations didn't seem to do anything for me.

Quote:
I am curious as to what the experience reveals with this intent on the I Am. Have you experienced this yourself?

Not really. I have read and listened to lots of ND people from Ramana to Gangaji to Spira, and I guess it's a core practice that this is my presence, but I'm personally working the other way, bringing pure awareness through mind/body.