View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Tiy

Hey Chi Chi

Personally I think that most if not all children can contact and talk to spirit when they are young. It's not until they grow older and are conditioned against this sort of thing that they loose the ability. Or rather the abitlity is supressed. I mean until recently speaking to dead people was frowned upon so we were (or most of us) were taught that is was wrong or couldn't possibly be true. Who is to say that children's imaginary friends aren't actually imaginary but the childs guides or other spirits? It's just conditioning that tells us they are imaginary.

Yesterday my niece was showing my pictures of fairies in a book she has (she is only 4) and she would pick out certain pictures and tell me that she talks to this fairy and that fairy....now years ago she would have been told not to be silly fairies aren't real so you can't talk to them...I just told her that was great and I would love to be able to talk to fairies like she can. Who is to say that she isn't talking to fairies?

Thankfully my sister doesn't tell her kinds not to be silly when they say things like this....she doesn't try to supress anything but is very interested to hear what her kids have to say when they come out with strange things like that. I think more parents are like this now and hopefully this will cut back on people like us who have to relearn all the gifts we lost as we grew up.

Of course there are probably many more factors involved in why some of us lose or forget what we can do but I think upbringing as a lot to do with it....I'm just glad things seem to be changing now.

Hugs x