View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 07:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Moon
What would you think of a sample which came from a grass fed cow? If it had none of the corn etc ?

If I did go towards the poultry, I would much rather have an organic grass fed hen. Without all of the additives/corn/chemicals/hormones/fecal matter etc.

Also I need to tell my daughter about this because she has been having all kinds of ethical trauma over still eating meat (she adores animals and can't live with herself), plus the environment is a huge issue so for her this will most likely be wonderful news.

It will probably be the solution she is looking for.

Poultry that has run the yard and eats bugs and grass and stuff to me is a much healthier choice to a lab grown piece of meat. I wonder about the chemicals too. Big food companies have a way of ruining just about everything as you said in your last post. But if they have an organic line it might work for some.

You take one cow and stuff corn down it's throat and it's not a healthy cow. It will die within 2 years because their digestive system is not equipped to digest corn.

You take a second cow and give it nothing but grass, rotating it from one field to another throughout the year and you have a very healthy, natural cow.

The sample, whether taken from the first or the second cow are just the genetics of the animal. Not the sickness or the wellness, I would think. But I don't for sure. You bring up a good point.

I do hope your daughter can find an ethical solution to this issue. This might be her ticket.