View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 07:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurmel
I'm just wondering if that was what this soul signed up for, or if my karmic cords demand my solitude in this lifetime!

I've never dated the same person twice, and if you lined up my relationships, not one pair of persons would denote I am attracted to a certain type! I'm wondering, because people I've known in all my years say they're meant to be single, then they've suddenly met someone shortly after the declaration. But, I have never felt like any relationship was the one, even the shy-of-a-decade marriage that ended a while ago...I've been single for three years now and haven't dated in that time, haven't wanted to as I worked on myself.

I wonder if maybe I'm just not meant to be with anyone in this life! Even my dreams for after the kids graduate and move on with their own lives are me doing things alone.

I'm just becoming quite lonely lately, sometimes painfully so, and wonder if all the failed relationships at different points of learning and life just mean that I'm destined to make this a happy life with my perfect partner...myself :p (joke)!

Does anyone know anyone who is happily living a life alone? And what they've said about it in regards to their choice?
in my opinion, karma is something that we are wanting to be free of.
our capacity for meaningful choices is hindered by karma, if that system
remains in play for us. freedom from karma is attainable, and worthwhile.
your primary relationship, as with most (if not all) of us is indeed with
yourself [as i understand things]. perhaps that 'primary relationship' can
be understood as (properly) aligning the mind to be in service to the heart...
or to bring Spirit into loving union with Will. from what i've read (that feels
'resonant' with me), once we've achieved "wholeness" as a being, by
redeeming all lost aspects of self, and discarding that which is not of us,
there exists no further 'neediness' to address and correct... in such
circumstances relationships are no longer based on fulfilling a "need", but
can flourish simply due to the joy that they engender.