View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 06:32 AM
Ascender

I'm not sure that I can agree with all you wrote. as far as I know celibacy & abstinence do mean the same thing. A catholic priest that has a girlfriend on the side is not celibate or abstinent but even though he may be breaking the rules of the church it isn't child abuse & he's not breaking the law of most countries. The same goes for masturbation. Sexual thoughts & biological urges are also quite normal and again are not illegal. A person can have the most twisted fantasies imaginable & unless he acts on them has broken no laws. Child abuse is illegal & jails are full of people that have broken these laws. People like monks & priests are over represented in these types of crimes & I believe that it is their religious orders insistence on celibacy that often makes them look for a soft target rather than an adult that may talk without any fear when the sexual relationship comes to an end.
I do agree that a sex life is not a hindrance to leading a spiritual life & their are many religions that don't require celibacy off their ordained members.