View Single Post
Old 15-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Master
Namaste.

....and then it also happens at the most inconvenient of times too. lol

Both my mother and I were in a second-hand bookstore today.

I was looking around the store and nothing took my fancy, as I only read books about Hinduism and Shamanism...not even a new-age offering was there whatsoever...

So, I went to the 'History' section and there, right at the back, buried under a ton of books and covered in dust, I saw a very old book...it was called "Asiatic Mythology" printed in 1932...they wanted $1 for it (I ended up buying it).

So, I sat down and looked at it to see if I wanted to buy it...and opened it up right to a beautiful 1800's colour lithograph of Shiva and Parvati...and the brain switch just snapped and when that happens, I get lost in a world of my own, totally oblivious to any external stimuli or influence.

...and so it was, my mother came up and started talking to me, but I did not notice her there...my eyes and ears were open, but I wasn't hearing or seeing anything outside me...she told me she was screaming my name and shaking me, but my eyes were half-closed and all I could think/feel was Shiva...inside, outside...and everywhere.

After about 15-20 minutes, I 'came to' with a huge smile on my face and I just burst out laughing...laughing at every little thing. My mother was totally perplexed. She's like "are you on drugs?" and I said "yeah...soma" and she said "never heard of that one before". lol

About half an hour later, listening to my MP3 player waiting for my mother outside a bargain shop and a kirtan came on...Shiv Ratan Dhan Payo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL0SLYIz4ag

Again, the switch flipped and I totally froze...my breath froze...my eyes rolled back into my head and I couldn't move...I opened my eyes and everything I was seeing was mixing and blending into each other...dancing and humming with energy. I assumed Bhairava Mudra and focused on my heart chakra...again, my mother came out, tried to rouse me, but I was totally gone..

After a while, I came round again and she's like 'where do you go?...where were you?" and I said "honestly? stuffed if I know". =)

I felt like I was floating on a cloud for the rest of the day though, but I had to struggle to keep my whole focus externalised.

Aum Namah Shivaya