View Single Post
Old 19-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I have a saying that I apply in life, which goes, 'the truth is in the listening'. It suggests that this person has no way of telling truths beyond being truthful. I think when a channel succumbs to the belief that what they say is the truth, they become misguided by that belief.

In regards to the listening, there is only what I hear or perceive, and the appropriate response to it, if indeed a response is appropriate at all, which is not to say that I always respond appropriately...

In my case, when someone tells me something, I hear it and I also notice my physical sensations, so my words are just a thought that arises from a sensational experience, and I have no answers for anyone.

Quote:
Hi Gem… Thanks for your reply, although I’m not totally in gear with you on this one...

In your first paragraph, are you implying that if the person channelling, believes that what they are reporting (or writing about) is a truth - then they themselves become misguided???

Yep.

Quote:
Also, when you say ‘this person’ - who might you be referring to??? The one doing the channeling - i.e. the person doing the automatic style writing???

"this person"=me.

Quote:
In the last paragraph, are you suggesting that whatever you hear, or become aware of, within that information, there are no answers to or for anyone - other than yourself maybe???

I may experience realisations, but it doesn't provide me with any answers... and that realisation is only experienced by me.

Quote:
Would you mind clarifying those points for me please… I’m trying to get a clear picture in my mind, regarding what you are implying…

Regards…

Robbie….

The probem exists, Robbie, that when one presents what they say as a 'channeling' they lend a kind of power to the words, as the channeling is reported to be from 'a higher place', and as others assume that higher place is providing answers, they blindly believe what's being said. That's an intellectual acceptance of something, but it isn't a realisation of their own.

I think the real art is in the listening, because it enables what isn't fully formed to come 'out' into conscious awareness. As the listening isn't just the words, but also the sensational effect of they have. There's an overall congruency that indicates a spontaneously shared honesty, and honesty cultivates trust, and trust enables a space where a realisation bursts into the mind...

Something changes, and where the sense of uncertainty was, arises a sense of assurance or confidence, and confidence is, fundamentally, a trust in self. (not the belief in a told 'message').