Thread: How do u cope?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 06:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
How does one live a normal life when youve seen/experienced something that defies logic or just rational thought. And i mean anything like war PTSD, aliens, visions, etc. something that makes normal seem pointless

And normal life meaning: chasing money, going out with friends, etc
You are coping right now with things not being 'rational'. Look around, is it rational that a dog looks like a dog? That's just what a dog looks like, you are used to it. Think back to an early time you went to the zoo. There were all sorts of strange animals you had never seen before. Now if you go to the zoo, most of the animals are familiar and don't seem so odd any more. So, this is not an issue about 'rational'.

Not trying to minimize your situation as there are several parts of the situation that will require some adjustment.
-life isn't what you thought it to be, this can be a shock after so many years of being convinced it was a certain way
-you are reeling because the meaning you assigned life has been taken away. This was only possible because you relied on external things and sources to establish that meaning in the first place.
-you are now in a minority and out of sync with what society officially believes (or at least claims to), an out cast

At this point you can't really live a 'normal life' (as defined by society), the best you can do there is to 'fit it'. Hopefully you can find a few like souls (like here on the forums) to share with.

A way forward is to get in touch with who you actually are, get to know your divine nature, that will help establish what has purpose or meaning for you, that can not be taken away by a peculiar revelation or shift in perspective. There are many ways to achieve this, the most common method is meditation.