View Single Post
Old 18-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattaseva
The primal power (Maya) of the Lord itself gets modified to form creation. This modified Maya is called as nature or prakrti. The Lord can control nature with His Maya.

Everything in creation follows certain natural rules. These include the rules discovered by science and those which have not yet been discovered by science. Nature functions mechanically and independently as per these rules. It does not need continuous supervision of the Lord through His power, Maya.

Individual souls, being part of creation, are subject to these rules of nature and dependent on them. Maya, on the other hand, acts according to will of the Lord. It is at the disposal of the Lord. He may, using Maya make effects on nature that are beyond the usual rules of nature. Therefore Maya is also called as the super-natural power.

When God uses His super-power, Maya, on nature, we perceive it as a miracle.

Ex. Water normally flows downhill under the influence of gravity. This is a natural law. Now the Lord could use Maya and make it stand still. This would be called a miracle. Such interference of the Lord's Maya (super power) with natural laws is called a miracle.

Another example would be that of resurrection. Past incarnations of the Lord like Jesus or Krishna have performed this miracle of raising people from the dead.

Miracles prove that creation functions independently according to the laws of nature only because of the Will of the Lord. At any point, the Lord can use Maya to circumvent the natural laws and control creation as per His Will. The Lord also has the power to destroy creation at the end of the cycle of creation.

The miracle is a practical demonstration to preach this divine concept. Thus, miracles can also be tools to preach divine knowledge.

In the darkness, you suspect that something exists by your side, and you are unaware of any detail of it. This something is unknown and it can be knowable when you put on the torchlight. It is the case of the knowable unknown. God, however, is unknowable unknown.

Miracles are seen superficially by us. Let's say that a jewel is created by the hand movement of a divine person. The jewel, the hand and its movement are seen by you, which are knowable known (imaginable) items. But, the creation of jewel by the movement of hand in air is unknowable unknown (unimaginable). In this miracle, the imaginable and unimaginable domains exist together. And this is completely different from a sleight of the hand trick, which is simply magic. You cannot discard a genuine miracle as magic.

I don't know if this is the response to my question asking for an example of a miracle - if it is it doesn't satisfy me in any way.
I'd like to hear of true miracles - not what could be, if.