Thread: Lord Shiva ...
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmode
Alright, mate...
I can only imagine what you had been through...So rough... : (
Shiva had been giving you forces to sustain you...

Excuse my English, it is faaar from perfect & I cannot express my self properly...

"Dark, potent, masculine energy"....This sounds so authentic...Such a meeting is life-mind-changing .. Nothing stays the same...

I've only met hostile beings trying to hurt me...Now I am trying to save myself...But even talking or thinking bout them is giving them energy, so stop...

Om for you,
Om namah Shivaya!
Namaste.

Thank you.

I realised afterwards that most people would have blamed God for bestowing such ill fate, but all I felt at the time was sheer and utter relief that I was not completely and totally alone in life. Yeah, despite everything, He still had my back and the whole purpose of what I went through was designed to make finding Him much easier.

For those God truly loves, He will remove everything...all attachments until nothing remains but Him alone and I learned this one early on.

Sometimes I still allow myself to get a bit sad that I wasn't given the chance to have the full 'human experience' and it will still play out in my life occasionally, but I also realise that things are like that for a reason.

Quote:
This is insightful. Thaipusam is the festival associated with Kartikeya, the son of Shankar and Parvati. The Kavadi Attam is performed in this festival.

' Kavadi' here means carrying of burden or austerity. For 48 days before Thaipusam, the devotee performs austerities to purge themselves of all mental and physical impurities. Some of the kavadi or austerities are celibacy, taking only fresh vegetarian food once a day, continuously thinking of God, bathing in cold water, sleeping on the floor.

Through regular sadhana, and austerity as also mentioned by Krishna in the Gita, one can purge oneself of karma or unconsciousness. If this is not done voluntarily, the karma will be involuntarily purged through suffering.

Obviously the former is the better, as one is happy and blissful with a little pain of exertion. But due to lack of proper spiritual education, most of us learn this by trial and error.
Namaste.

Yes! definitely! although at the time, I was made aware that the festival was in honor of the son of Shiva and all I could think back then was 'the way to the Father is through the Son' and so, with all due respect, I thanked Lord Murugan and paid my respects in that way, but I also said "we both know full well that You are not who I am after here...please introduce me to your father" and of course, He kindly and graciously obliged.

Aum Namah Shivaya