View Single Post
Old 23-09-2017, 09:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Listening to the piece of music I didn't know it was inspired by a fountain. I now know it is, not because I heard the piece, but because I was informed.

It wasn't the fountain in itself, it was the fondness of that fountain, the way that fountain affected the composer, that brought the composition out from him. I know it was fondness from the music itself.

The composer communicates that feeling arising in him, and I feel it, too, and I understand, 'this is what it is like'.

I hear everything as though it is music. I don't know what it is about, if it is 'right or wrong', agree or disagree, but I feel what inspires it and I know what it's like.

So, we communicate on multidimensional levels, and attitudes underlying what is said is palpable. This is important because in the Buddhist teachings virtues such as compassion, fondness and kindness are emphasised. These are not 'factually known' things, and put metaphorically, no one can teach you how the music feels.

I think your post highlights the importance of understanding deeper the reason behind peoples way of being and building connection that way. Sometimes even as we don't understand the "reasons" behind what is there, or playing out, why it is as it is, if we truly listen to all the notes within that "piece" being expressed, what transpires is deeper listening and deeper understanding which opens the doorway to deeper connection to self, others and our creativity.

Resonation in feeling can bring together a complimentary explorative space, to delve deeper into the whole creation which of course can produce a beautiful creation within all that if one is listening and open to this space from within.

I know as a predominate feeler in the past, I tended to align myself to the "feeling" of the song or life creation and if I felt it was missing, there was a natural tendency to feel like something was "lacking" so my affinity to that space, would often wane. I had to learn to push through that subtle aspect in myself to bridge a deeper connection in myself to be open, create and move through life more freely with all life as it is and find a common ground beyond my own predominate affinity in feeling.

I find myself in the mainstream of life, making choices based on that bridged awareness in me now and I find that what others are being and doing, I find my place in the world regardless and build the connections through that deeper opening where I can listen more freely and create more expanded with life as it is.

When you understand and feel the feeling level as a unified creation, the experience of another regardless, will be "known" through your own resonation in feeling awareness. There is commonality, regardless of experience. The "feeling" awareness is the ability to tap into and understand even without the direct experience. It can lend you to understand and build a deeper connection to the experience of another which naturally supports you, in a more direct alignment to your own creation in the world.

People at the unconscious "feel" level who create and project into the world, often oblivious to the song they are playing in everyway of themselves, will often project the whole nature of themselves regardless of not knowing what is flowing through their "song" deeper. When you open in yourself and feel all of them flowing through regardless, every note hits home in your own song in you. As a predominate feeler, my feelers go up, down round and round with the world as it is. But the important learning was finding my place in all that, being ok feeling others at that "feel" level, regardless. I suppose you could say, I had to become ok "feeling" them as they were projecting into the shared space. I had to learn to listen deeper again..

When I let the songs of the world merge in my song, a more expanded song began to emerge. And it found its place even as for many years the world suffocated me and made "me" turn my own volume down, switch off my song, switch myself off from life and others.

The key is really, to sing regardless, to create and share regardless and find those spaces that matter to your uniqueness and your unique life. All those wonderful Buddhist emphasized qualities you mentioned, can shine as you, regardless of what others are being and doing, because you never know, they just might be reminded or they might be feeling it for the first time in you as a model of you and feel it too.

Intimacy and listening, feeling's and openness tie into self first. What flows from that point is your own creation grounded in and of itself if it can be..'

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder

Last edited by naturesflow : 23-09-2017 at 11:24 PM.