View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 06:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
JustBe, hello there! TBH I brought this up to keep the discussion real and grounded. Most of all, to keep it concrete and personal...based on personal challenges in unavoidable, difficult contexts and relationships.

The struggle, or simply the journey, is ultimately simply to be with oneself more truly and more deeply. I think that's what you're saying as well.

However, to discuss this in the abstract does not, I feel, get to the heart of it. Rather, it's only when we actively and regularly engage and situate ourselves variously, that we more deeply understand what this means on the ground, day-to-day.

It's often most acute or unavoidable (same thing) when we must deal or engage with others who may be unkind or unbalanced. Who may be even pointedly and consciously so and perhaps even specifically when dealing with certain relationships (their parents, their children, their employees, etc).

So...TBH...I do understand more deeply than most how limited some folks are (like my dad). He can be regularly petty and unkind and irregularly unstable and unpredictable. And yet I see that what gains he has made have required all his meagre efforts. Whereas so many linger in the same spaces with all the gifts of the world at their fingertips, unused or misaligned. It's all relative, truly.

But it's in these relationships and contexts where our mettle is most truly tested. And that's why it's those unavoidable, difficult, challenging relationships and contexts that I wanted to share and discuss, with regard to being and doing lovingkindness on the ground.

And it's those same things I would be very interested in hearing about from others, as well

Peace & blessings
7L

Until you understand You are loving kindness and just see the world as it is, lead as that, the rest is over analysing to try to make them fit into it. I’ve been there done all this, used others as my reflections. I grew up in a house of 7men. I have an immediate family of 67. I niggled and knarled myself through consistent self reflection, cleared out ever obstruction. Used the next lineage and the next and the next all the way back to the now. Got myself bunkered into my grounded state of balance where I know myself as loving kindness. It was seeking me, not others seeking me to be it for them. Self first, being you is aware of others as they are, you just be you. Loving kindness as your true state doesn’t dissapear if you have to remain silent, listen, walk away and let be!

Imperfection is part of perfection learning. When both meet in you, the balance is neither one or the other.

I’m sure some people strive to be perfect! Perfect everything for everyone!

I’ve dropped that idea. I prefer to just be me. ;)