View Single Post
Old 29-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Now you got me on this one. This is a paradox. If you were able to effect what we change (of or) in the past you wouldn't be aware of the decision or even of the change that happened, it would be invisible, yet is this not what we try to achieve, some awareness of it. Theoretically though you're able to make a different choice now but can't. We place ourselves in the past that does not exist.

The thing about the experiment is even though science is guessing I like the direction it takes and it takes many liberties but I see is more about (comic) communication. The pattern of the universe. The difficulty I have with the outcome of the experiment is this, it is what I would expect to happen. I'm not surprised by it and wonder if many others really are and why scientist are. Are many people really surprised by it? I must confess I feel a little naive now because they are telling me I was supposed to be. There are many questions I'd like to ask them but we're not allowed to. But until they put a 3rd, 4th, and 5th splitter along the path I'm going to leave my own guess open. Until we go beyond making a mere 2 observations at one time and open it to say 5 observations in the path and began to see some paradoxes only then may learn how complex past is and if it can be tested as real.

The key here unlike past experiments where we end observation in every respect we continue the observation. In a way you are the splitter and it's a good concept to know.

Seriously...it does seem like a contradiction...but in fact this is exactly what they say happens...they being adepts and timewalkers. Timelines change and only those affecting the change &/or those able to step outside of the timeline remember both "pasts"...the current one that has been changed, and the "old" past that used to exist...but which now only they remember.

And although I love my cat...I still think it's more likely my intent will override hers...though it I believed otherwise, then perhaps it wouldn't