View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 08:27 AM
Knower

This is something I have been experiencing too and it's been almost 10 years. I have also gone through all the cycle of sorrow, disbelief and disappointment that eventually (barely one year ago!) became acceptance. Today I am aware that this person has chosen not to include me in their life, I can see their reasons and also feel happy for them (not being hypocritical here, I am happy that he's happy, if I knew they were miserable I would be heartbroken.) So, what is that feeling upon awakening that you describe so well? No idea my friend! It's very pleasant but a little unsettling at the same time. I have tried looking for answers from various sources, but all I got was essentially "you need to move on." Well, yes of course, I haven't seen this person for years and I don't live in a monastery or locked inside a tower, moving on is the very least
What I do when it happens, is trying to embrace the feeling and letting it flow during the day. It works and I feel happier without being too stuck on the memories of him. This is how I deal with it, but why I have to deal with it is a mistery. Best of luck!