View Single Post
Old 26-05-2019, 08:43 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelybird82
Yes, indeed, and that is because I'm afraid to be ridiculed. I tried to keep my questions as short and as generalized as possible, to avoid going into unnecessary and probably irrelevant details.

Ridicule would be a common reaction from those who scoff, so you are wise to keep your beliefs to yourself unless you totally trust someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelybird82
In this particular case even firm believers in reincarnation, who remember many past lives of their own, do not seem to be willing to accept the possibility, however unlikely, that someone's imaginary tale might have been unknowingly based on another person's past life. Of course, it is not expected that non-believers will accept this notion, but one might hope that believers would be open to such possibilities in reincarnation.

Another possibility is that the lifetime you remember, though seeming like a fantasy by current standards, might have reflected very real and common issues of the time. For example, Red Riding Hood taking goodies to her Gran in the woods and coming across the Big Bad Wolf. That story is rooted in reality. So if your life followed that general script, the fairy tale may be a simple retelling of a common theme of the day, but FEEL like they are talking specifically of your lifetime.

Ultimately I see no reason to think a previous life could NOT appear to be a fantasy or fairy tale. It would, of course, be a matter of personal interpretation, and relating what you believe you know of that lifetime to events in the fairy tale or story, so quite possibly others would not make the same associations.