View Single Post
Old 18-03-2018, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
That's what I dont get, it wasn't an ordinary glass jar it was a candle one, aren't they usually a bit more heat resistent?

You'd think so, however not always. I've had a tea-light candle holder made of glass, used for tea-lights, break on me due to the heat of the flame. Depends actually I suppose on how well made it is. Did you have the jar lidded? If you had the lid on, and somehow managed to get the flame to continue to burn (without it snuffing out due to lack of air) then I suppose that would definitely make the glass crack.

Other than that, if it was a candle jar it is still capable of cracking, especially if you were burning herbs straight within it with fire- or not a candle.

Burning herbs or your spell ingredients within it can produce more than enough heat to make the glass crack. If you mean you used an actual candle in it- just lighting a candle and it cracked, then yes that would indicate the jar to be cheaply made. If it is for a candle and you use a candle? Yeah that would be rather odd. If it is for a candle and you set a fire within for the purpose of burning incense/ or herbs used in a spell, yes I'd expect it to crack.

A fire in a jar is much different than a lit candle.

Yes I would simply use ceramic, unless you are rather fond of breaking glass during a spell- there are actually people I am sure who love when this happens- think illusory magic , in such magic glass exploding some would simply consider flare and effect, lol.

Great idea to re-purpose candle jars by removing the wax, though perhaps re-purpose less with fire. A great idea or two for re-purpose of small jar candles is filling them with gems, stones, sea shells etc, getting them on a string and using them as handmade pendulums if you do any pendulum work. Or putting in loose change and a stone, or herb that represents something monetary, and making a small money charm-attractant.

That is to say there are plenty of creative ways to re-purpose those good old jar candles, perhaps with less of a glass breakage. Keep experimenting for sure.

Good luck.