View Single Post
Old 17-07-2019, 02:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

It is sad to know that your experience with life was the way it has been. It is even sadder to know that those experiences represent the norm.

Essentially society lacks the most basic form of compassion for self and others. We are taught to be this way and that will not change quickly.

In a way, awakening is becomeing aware of such things, doing your best with it, and finding ways to be happy in a world where most are miserable.

We all have that free choice to find our well being or not. The key being a balanced mind, body, and spirit. Most will never make that effort. However some do and they stand out in a crowd because of that.

John

LittleNation, I'm so sorry for your troubles. I agree with John, above. This is the world we live in and we are increasingly instructed as a society that apathy and cruelty (in all their various forms) are normative and to be expected, which itself is a great and insidious misalignment and wrongdoing.

Becoming aware means realising and accepting the state of our reality, vile and unsavoury as it may be. This is absolutely necessary, in order to move forward consciously in a different way, toward love and compassion and ownership and right-alignment in spirit.

You are aware of the truth of our reality on the ground, having lived it. Your voice is important, and I honour that. And caring for yourself is important too. You are a child of the universe and you have a place at the table. Your task is to be present to the truth of who you are...same as all the rest of us. And regardless of what has been put upon you -- which was unwanted and which is deeply misaligned -- the truth of who you are is a beautiful thing.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke