View Single Post
Old 14-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky5778
I have been trying to do this for awhile. Can anyone give me tips? what i do is lay down on my back and breathe in and out counting in my head. usually around 100 i start to feel numb. But sometimes around 200 i lose count and end up counting from 100 like this, 200 201 102 and i keep getting mixed up. Then around that time i fall asleep. Someone please help and thanks in advance

Try this as a meditation:
Lay down, close you're eyes and watch.
Don't think about anything just watch and except what ever you see.
If you find your self thinking, just notice that and let it go and keep watching.
You may start to see and here things that are strange to you, colors or forms. You might notice that you are thinking again. Notice all of it and let it go and just watch.
When you do see or here something take notice, pay attention as long as you can until it fades and then watch for something else.

If this is hard, try looking at a dim light, maby a digital clock or something. When you close your eyes you should be able to see something like the light source you where just looking at. Look at the light , close your eyes, stop thinking and watch for as long as it lasts. Soon you will probably start noticing other things.

The key here is attention.