View Single Post
Old 20-07-2017, 12:26 AM
Pathfinder
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer
Practice is key. Keep at it.

What beautiful words. "I won't give up until I've sat on the rings of Saturn." That alone is motivation. I haven't done this but I have felt the heat of stars in space while looking down at Earth from above. I can say it is worth keeping up your practice with your goals in mind. The big-ness and beauty of the universe is overwhelming and will give you immense perspective in your daily "physical" life.

By the way, hello from a fellow southerner :)

Hello astralwonderer, thank you for the kind words. From all that I've read; it seems easier, or more natural for some to reach detachment than others. It appears to me there could be a number of reasons some have difficulty achieving AP, that there's not a secret "one size fits all" answer for getting there.
In our microwave society (everyone wanting results now, without putting forward the necessary effort.) It is very easy to give up, and just say it's either an untruth, or it's not worth it. This seems true for most all spiritual learning. It has taken me much effort to this point; shedding false beliefs, and ego. The farther I go, the more I realise how little I've accomplished.
This being said, I cannot give up my quest for Truth in all things. I have too far to go to stop now.

Good to speak with a fellow southerner. Do you reckon there's ever been a red-neck to attain enlightenment? If not; it would be cool to be the first. LOL. Yeah, had to discard many of my red-neck ways, but I am what I am.