View Single Post
Old 19-08-2018, 01:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Suppose I said, 'Just be aware of what's going on in each moment, accept yourself as you are, and don't analyze things or try to figure them out. Just let everything be what it is, without reacting mentally.'

If one can do this it works. If your balance within cannot do this and your seeking it, you will naturally find ways to build that internal balance to become this. A trained mind or open mind can do this. Where you cant it often shows where you still haven't attained balance within that issue creating a reaction.

Quote:
Now, whether or not that's a good example of Buddhist teachings, it seems rather simple to do, BUT, I've found it difficult to acquire the impetus to do so. I'm not quite sure that I AGREE with that teaching.

In other words, getting to the point where you're ready and willing to apply the teaching can be a large part of the battle/journey.

Or is FEAR what holds us back? Is the threat of loss of self/ego what makes us unwilling to practice the teaching?

We are all in different streams together journeying through life. I wonder in your questioning, whether it is because many are tapping into Buddhism through their seeking but not really undertaking the practice as a practicing Buddhist, following the complete guidelines of practice. So naturally you have people diving into the knowledge, taking out what suits them as part of their awakening process exactly where they are and opening too in themselves. You will always find yourself in everything you tap into, if you look. People who fill their mind with knowledge, (often predominate thinker types) do sometimes take in a bigger picture before diving into the experience to integrate those teachings or knowledge. In my experience of others around me, it isn't always fear, but more 'safe' once they have saturated all sources to dive into their own source.

Fear is part of the greater picture for some. As is staying in one space for a long time. People like to build a longer deeper focus in one area at times. Their movements beyond that point is often timing and their own process unfolding as it needs. Lots of these moments of showing yourself in ways you haven't before is character building. Many seekers are recreating themselves, so its a delicate and often subtle sensitive unfoldment. If you know yourself through many streams of your own unfolding, that becomes your own awareness aware of not only yourself but others as one.