View Single Post
Old 15-03-2017, 03:10 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
Hello Miss Hepburn.

You and LeCréateur could possibly be referring to two different aspects of consciousness here, in terms of speaking of "mind." He didn't mention deep meditation, or that which is sometimes referred to as Nirvikalpa Samadhi. He is largely referring to a very practical, waking type of meditative living, as I understand it.

In terms of expansion of consciousness within the dream-realities that all beings experience, the "mind" in the broader sense as pertaining to soul consciousness/energy does indeed never really stop. Remember, energy is but consciousness, and the "Vortex" as you are familiar with it never actually "stops," for this Vortex is also mind. The entity "Abraham" knows and teaches this, yet does so in a (positively) tricky way, never actually literally saying that the Vortex is also mind. . .not in that terminology, that is.

Therefore, when a person "stops thought" during meditation, which Abraham and many other teachers have mentioned as possible, the momentum of expansion from the person's Vortex of desire--in other words, the person's karmic momentum--doesn't stop, it still appears to move, even while the meditator's awareness in observer mode may be focused purely on a sense of stillness and silence, purely on the sense, "I AM," or Is-ness.

So, in a sense, both "stopping thought" and "mind never stops" are BOTH equally "real" and both equally illusory one could accurately say, since all movement is ultimately illusory. Hence, the "Uncarved Block" that Lao Tzu made reference to, which is the true changeless nature of Tao, AKA the "Absolute" or Para Brahman.

Most students of the Tao are familiar with the Tao that appears to move/flow, not the "Uncarved Block," which is not the same reality as motion, which is why there is hardly ever any mention of the "Uncarved Block" in Taoism. . .most simply disregard the deeper significance of what "Tao" ultimately is.

The multiverse (which is also mind) never actually stops when a person's awareness expands to embrace eternity.

Teachers like Abraham know this very well, yet wisely choose to keep things very simple for students of metaphysics and simply say that "thought" or "the mind" can stop. What is really happening in terms of the process of reaching deep meditation is that the meditator is simply shifting his/her awareness from the unending business of the monkey mind or Tao that appears to be in "perpetual motion," loosening his/her grip on form. . .letting go of resistance to the true state of consciousness, which is formless. . .and in this sense of letting go of the world and the little "I" of personal identity, the meditator notices that the momentum of thought has "slowed down" or vanishes altogether at some point.

However, the meditator's awareness is also part of eternal consciousness, of course. So, in these types of discussions about "mind," quite often people may have some very different ideas of mind when they discuss and debate these things, being that the word "mind" can be referring to different things or states of consciousness. One could say that "Mind can stop, but awareness is ever-present," and not be contradicting oneself, because the person could indeed be using "mind" to refer to one thing, such as the personal mind, and "awareness" to another, such as God-Consciousness.

The mind that becomes "quiet" during meditation is but a portion of the larger soul consciousness, thus when one "stops thought" or "stops mind" there are other aspects of mind that are still moving or in monkey business, such as the person's momentum of desires, since all beings have desire.

That's exactly what I was referencing to. But I love the way you put it. I never thought of mind as being energy. It makes sens now tho. But I have one question: Is mind over elements and universal laws?
to explain it better ill give an example of am extreme hypothetical situation.
if someone is stranded in the middle of the desert, no water, no food... and is POSITIVE, convinced that he will survived and has an undoubting belief that he will, do you think the mind is powerful enough to influence his surroundings to work in his favor and get him out?