View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 02:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The thing is that the Hebrew word Yahveh does not translate to "I AM" or even "I AM THAT I AM". It does not translate to Jehovah either. These are confusions brought about by oversimplifying and mistranslating the Hebrew name for God.

Personally I think that reality is complicated in many ways but it is based on simple principles. But I AM is just over-simplified. It is like saying water is just WET - when in fact there is more to water than just that.

Since I don't know Hebrew, I won't dispute your knowledge about the translation of the so-called "Hebrew name for God". I'm not going there anyway.

While I get your point about the analogy of "WET" and "Water", it does not appear to be a really suitable analogy to the "I AM" and God-consciousness.

When one cuts off thinking at "I AM" with NO OTHER THOUGHTS, it is consistent with Psalm 46:10 - "Be still and know...THAT...I AM...God". The important element is that there be no other thoughts. One thus gets a glimpse of unitary consciousness which, if sustained, leads to some very illuminating revelations where are experiential in nature.

Of course, if sustained continuously, that which is no longer even says "I AM".