View Single Post
Old 19-08-2018, 10:12 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
No. We do have a significant degree of 'control' (choice rather) in terms of what we think and e-motion-ally 'wish' or 'pray' for, above and beyond what what we choose to physically 'do' or not. Thought and e-motions have ripple effects. The power of 'voodoo' spirituality - both what are called 'white' and 'black' magic - has effects. 'Speaking' one's mind and heart (without 'acting') is also (potentially at least!) effective.
I've been slated in the past for talking about Spirituality and other things in the same post. The Universe doesn't turn on Spirituality alone and that's something many - including yourself - seem to have difficulty coming to terms with. Go spend some time with neurology and psychology, because those are the frameworks our Spirituality is built upon. It is not built upon theologies and ideologies. Google for Maslo's Hierarchy of Needs and Pavlov's Theory because those will give you as many if not more answers here than Spirituality will. Oh, while you're at it check out Freud but Jung especially for 'ego' and Shadow Self. And check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyu7v7nWzfo&t=45s

Oh, and Einstein said that genius is the ability to hold two opposing concepts in the mind at the same time, (the Spiritual-exclusive Universe) so you should Google "cognitive dissonance" because that will give you a far deeper understanding of what you are frustrated about than just Spirituality ever will. By the way, people have been "feathering their nests" since pre-Christian days, it was the price of a ticket to the front row seats in heaven. Nowadays it's called 'raising your vibrations'.

Quote:
IMO, There are a lot of worthwhile effects which may/can be creatively effected than by way of 'simply' 'loving' everyone 'equally', unconditionally etc. and blissing 'out' on in a personal backwater bath or psychospiritual mountain top.
If you want to bliss out and Love everyone, go eat lots of chicken and turkey sandwiches, they have chemicals that support the production of serotonin in the brain. Alternatively, become a space cadet.

Quote:
To me that latter choices (if and as made one's primary or only choice) amounts to abandonment/neglect of personal response-ability and - I 'see' it as being little more than 'back to the womb' abdication of and evasion in relation to the opportunities and challenges of earthly Life - for which experiencings souls incarnated. One can 'do' the 'blissing out' thing without incarnating at all, ya know!

What I 'see' is a lot of folks doing the equivalent of self-contentingly 'sucking their thumbs', or least trying to be 'content' by way of doing so. A lot of what's going on here strikes me a peeps just 'feathering' and 'helping' others to 'feather' their own 'nests'.

I am not 'simply' 'venting' in frustration (though you could say I am 'frustrated' by people's 'escapist' tendencies, those of 'bishops' included). I am basically just trying to see if its is possible to break some 'new' ground here. In that regard, I am sounding a 'wake-the-heaven-on-earth-up' call to (to fellow spirits) to conscientiously engage in creative spiritual 'act'ion based on truly discerning - not whitewashing everything so it looks 'white' or vanishes in terms of having no specific 'edges' - social-value cognizant thought.

"He that hath ears to hear, let him hear." "Behold, there went out a sower to sow: And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up. And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth: But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away. And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit. And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred."

Hello - is there any (grounded) body out there? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFks9A9TCF0
You haven't been paying attention, David.

"Be the changes you want to see in the world"
Gandhi

Your move, David.