View Single Post
Old 17-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
P.S. Oh, yeah - and then there's my interest in hearing what peeps have to say about the sexual abuse of children by Catholic priests in Pennsylviani and the cover up (by Bishops!), till now that is, that being reported in the news. And PLEASE, if at all possible, don't just minimize and dismiss it all as just being a 'dream' or just 'karma' or the result of the operation of the LOA - that is, if any other ideas strike you are being more realistic/plausible - such ideas just don't 'cut the mustard' for me.
This isn't happening only in Pennsylvania, just recently a few of the Catholic-run homes in Scotland have been shut down for the same thing - and they've been staffed by nuns. It's been happening in many places for many years world-wide, including Nigeria and Rwanda. The good news is that it's finally coming into the daylight to be addressed or at least acknowledged, whereas in the past it was hushed up.

I guess it's easier to deal with when there is no direct involvement, when the eyes are turned away and it's forgotten about, but real people are having those very real experiences and the Spiritual ideologies and theologies aren't helping. They're not making a difference.

I spent a few years in the against child abuse arena, mainly because initially I wanted to make a difference and I wanted to seek out people with whom I could do that. If I were to be brutally honest I was also looking for a way in which I might heal myself. The main thrust of that particular movement was what was known as 'child stealing by the state', and by the way it happens in America and Australia too. Essentially it was the destruction of families and by extension the rest of society for the sake of funding. And no, it's not a conspiracy theory - it's factual. Your tax dollars at work, people.

I have no real answers for you, David. I could babble on about Karmic Obligations and learning the lessons but that would only be the booby prize. Somewhere inside I have to come to terms with feeling as though I want to nail someone to the wall and finding a way for my beliefs and ideals to actually have any real meaning and substance. And regardless of what any of us may want to believe or not, there was a Soul that had that experience. The atrocities have been happening since the dawn of civilisation but it's a past that's soon forgotten about, and they are as much a part of our collective legacy as all the Spiritual teachings.