View Single Post
Old 27-06-2014, 10:22 PM
joelr

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Been done--repeatedly. Read the Buhlman book Adventures Beyond the Body. He would find that (a) he forgot, (b) he remembered and wrote on the paper but it didn't show when he woke, (c)he spent all his time and energy with this stupid experiment.

This is NOT an objective experience, for the most part, so experiments to try to "prove" beyond a shadow of a doubt are, by definition, a waste of time. This is SUBJECTIVE and therefore, my experience will differ from yours and everyone elses, even if we could manage to get to the same "place" (which is doubtful) at the same time.

It's the same as people on this site who decide that they will "meet" someone else on the site during a projection. I don't think I've ever heard it be entirely successful. One subject may see the other, but not as they were that night, or both will see different surroundings, or they will just sense the other person but not be sure. And they waste tremendous energy trying to synchronize time zones and get in their astral states at the same times.

Sorry to be so adamant about this but there are so many--STILL--after they have experienced what OBEs are who are trying to "prove" it with a basis that can't be used. There are those who will say that they aren't "real" then.

So be it. You've pretty much missed the point. The other dimensions are based on consciousness and intent of each consciousness--and those always vary from each other.

Again--sorry to come off strong but this strikes me as a waste of time.

Lora

Not to just throw this back at you for the sake of it but I think you may have missed my point.
I understand somewhat what you are saying but it's still a longer way of saying "I slipped into the astral realm". However subjective and consciousness related that realm or realms may be.

I will break it down for sake of clarity. It is explicitly stated in a book by Rick Stack, who was a student of Jane Roberts/Seth, that one can astral travel into the actual physical world. Sometimes a dream state can approximate the real world and fool someone but he still made it clear that it's possible.
So I'm dealing with that supposition only, not the entirety of astral projection.

Experiments seem to show that this is not possible. It may not disprove astral travel as an actual thing rather than just lucid dreaming but it does disprove an aspect of it. It is disappointing but I can't see writing it off as insignificant.

NDE experiences also claim a person exists after death in some spirit form in the physical world. People often describe seeing doctors and such working on their physical body. In some OOBE books authors claim both experiences are similar so by extension astral travel should include real world experiences. No?

But by "waste of time" I take it you mean to say positive results cannot be obtained?

The thread got revived because I was searching to see if any positive test results have been done on OOBE. It's been about 15 years since I read about that stuff. This thread came up in a search and I post here anyways so, boom there it is.