View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Experiencer

My take is that the ego dies because it's a product of our physical brain (what it senses and learns about it's physical surroundings). Consciousness is eternal.
I'm not sure what exactly the shapes mean, but in my research since my NDE I did some research on alchemy. I think the alchemists of old drew from a source of a greater consciousness, which came to be the reason for "modern science" to reject alchemy and view it as quaint and misguided. I wonder if the opposite isn't true. I see parallels in alchemy and quantum physics. I'm no expert on either, so for me it's merely observation, and I'll accept whatever is found to be undeniably demonstrable.

That being said...in view of what's going on in quantum physics and all the ethereal experiences reported I'm of the opinion that there's a "consciousness/spiritual awakening" for humankind coming about. Things happen to some of us that we don't understand. To openly share these experiences is important because in doing so we can arrive at understanding what they indicate.
That world wide ancient folklore indicates there was once a Golden Age and that this Golden Age will again come is very interesting to me. Especially with The Age of Aquarius, some bible prophecy, the I Ching, the Mayan Calendar, etc. None are clear cut avenues to the truth, but there seems to be common threads. I wonder.

So, what you've experienced in your NDE is very valuable, and thanks so much for sharing it. My thought is that the fear you experienced is the ego itself...it knows it will die one day. Hopefully, someone with more insight than me can further elaborate concerning your thoughts, and mine.