Thread: Semantics
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2017, 04:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
Who/what is asking? Who are you? Who or what is this "we" and what is the "That"? I have my own answers to these questions but chose not to offer them here.

To you!

Sometimes, yes and sometimes, no. This 'I' can refer to whatever someone want it to, IMO. The impersonal Absolute can say: I and a personal frog can say or FEEL: I.

I would want to define the 'I' and then define the "That" in that cliche before deciding what it means.

The ego's misunderstanding and personalization of those sayings/cliches is what kicks off the whole duality game (where there is no duality to begin with!). The personal mind/ego is INCAPABLE of understanding any of those cliches that point to Oneness or Non-duality.

When you speak or not, it is always and only the Absolute or Brahman doing and BEING whatever appears here. All there is, is Brahman or god but the separate ego is not capable of understanding that and is very FRIGHTENED by such teachings and pointers which seem to ELIMINATE the ego.

To each his own........
By the way you worded your initial post, I thought you were disagreeing with people who choose to make their experiences impersonal and I was agreeing with you....then I read "to you" and "to each their own" which reads like you are disagreeing with me agreeing with you. Thus I am confused now.