View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 10:50 PM
Master
Intelligence references a basic (innate?, natural?) faculty, a capacity for perception and differentiation between 'this' and 'that'. Everything, including a worm, say, is 'intelligent' to a certain degree, i.e. has a degree of 'ability', or 'capability', in said regard.

Wisdom, i think, references a developed - as a result of intelligently digested i.e. meaningfully co-related and integrated, perceptions (i.e. ex-peer-iences) adeptitude - which enables one to artfully navigate the 'field' of perceptions/experiences in ways that are Life-salutary. There are also degrees of development in said regard.

Think of the arena of 'surfing': the analog to 'intelligence' would be a basic/natural 'sense' of 'balance', and the analog to 'wisdom' would be developed 'expertise', in terms of being able to successfully 'surf' waves (without 'wiping out') in chosen directions.

Any degree of 'wisdom' is 'desirable'. But being very 'intelligent' isn't always a 'blessing'. It is more difficult to (learn to) 'ride' a 'racier' horse. :)

Last edited by davidsun : 13-11-2017 at 12:01 AM.