View Single Post
Old 29-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Simon Karlos

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
due to my upbringing i don't have much context for feelings such as "trust", "self-love" and "well being". even when i stumble upon "the Source" i'm be so mistrustful of my perceptions of "the Source" that i don't believe in It. i consider It to be some mind trick i'm playing on myself, some imaginary thing i'm conjuring to make my selfish self feel better about myself.

I hear you. A simple test is this: If it genuinely FEELS GOOD in the connection, then that is the only thing that really matters, and you can know that in that time you are in alignment with your Inner Being. Know that you have the power to choose clarity and well-being over confusion, in any moment that you remember this, and know that self-love/self-appreciation cannot be touched by the ego/intellect and its self-doubts. Loving oneself is an act of faith that transcends fear and doubt.

Your upbringing is past tense, and doesn't matter at all when it comes to how you choose to feel now. You know your thoughts very well, and you can FEELINGLY tell the difference between a belief that denies your well-being and one that positively affirms it, and go from there.