View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 11:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
There has been a lot of this lately and most often, people will just copypaste and run.

However and that being said, there are forum rules also against this and need to be pointed out to staff to prevent one-sided arguments which consist of nothing more than walls of text (bonus points if you can provide the source of plagiarised material).

There is a great example I will share about all this to illustrate how ludicrous it all is.

Yes, I am a Hindu and I use that terminology and reference because I can relate well on that level, whereas a non-Hindu may find it very difficult.

Even though I am open to new ideas, I am not open to totally dropping what I believe in, what has served me well just because another's view serves them and they believe it will serve me too.

I am totally tolerant and open, but not at the expense of betraying my core...my own heart and if a person, for example says "stop loving Shiva and love Jesus instead" that would be something I have no conscious control over...it would be like telling the sun not to shine.

Having said that, not only am I a devotee of Shiva, but I'm what's also called an Advaita Vedantin which means that I am a also a non-dualist.

The term Advaita means 'non-duality' and yet, some in the school classify Advaita into Neo-Advaita and Traditional Advaita which is, of course duality. lol

I've argued about it, but there's no point.

There is a big secret...everything IS subjective until the time we physically die...and then Karma will decide who is going to be up for another ride on the 'squidgy human train' and who's going to jump off at 'Moksha station' and only the Divine knows it...so all one can do is say "yep...whatever...we'll see what Yama has to say about all your 'beliefs' when that time comes".

Fade To Black - Metallica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfRY3SsozuM

No leaf clover
is my Spiritual Metallica song ... Fuel too

"Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
Is just a freight train coming your way .."

I also discovered the phrase "Carpe Diem" via the band too.

Seize the day/ make the most of this present time.

All my Gods are Gods of Rock the amusing part is that essentially God/life/the universe created the guitar!

That's how I picture God - the ultimate front man - the show stopper, knows he's got all of the tools & shares it with an adoring audience ... touching each one on an individual level...

\m/ \m/

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain