View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedmil
I told her that I may have to move for work. The mistake I made was telling her that news late at night after an extended conversation. Initially she was interested in dating long distance but I guess after sleeping on that idea she felt like I using that only because I was interested in someone else. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned the news given her trust issues until it was final.

Ah, this makes sense. Long distance relationships are not for most people. If someone says they are moving away it's a natural stop light.

The gentleman I'm with, in the early days when we were dating, said he was thinking about moving back to Seattle. I looked him straight in the eye and told him point blank "I can't live in Seattle, I did once and learned what SADD is and that I'm highly susceptible to it, but you do as you need to continue your career."
Needless to say he chose to stay here, find a work-around and have a relationship with me!
I literally would have blessed him on his way as he moved and waved Goodbye. Moving there was out of the question for me and that he would do so was a natural ending point for me, as he would have chosen his career over me when there were actually other viable options here.

There's just too many options for a woman/man who is dating to have to move when she/he doesn't want to just to continue the possibilities inherent in the early stages of a relationship. After a decade of invested relationship with some one, of forming family bonds then its a different story.