View Single Post
Old 18-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yes true, but hens will continue to lay eggs even if you never take them. A hen's only an egg's way of making another egg! I think it's the best option to take eggs otherwise the barns will be overflown with too many chickens who would at some point have to be killed or sold. This is an uneasy reality and one that vegans in my opinion just don't get. Taking the eggs is best..

I agree on dogs, though it saddens me that we treat dogs as an industry too in a way. We take the pups from their mother, and even when the dog gets used to the new situation surely this is not ideal..? And you say when a dog loves running, but we have bred certain dog breeds to be runners and carriers and yet you would be against that because we are ''using'' them and it not being natural (if I follow your argument you made before). So where to draw the lines between using and not using. Taking a pup from his/her mother is human insecurity and human need to 'use' an animal for a specific purpose too (the need for friendship, affection, making pictures to put on Facebook etc. so they get enough online attention). I mean, don't put all your eggs in one basket! Debrah I hope you can see that this isn't all that clear..

And by the way, I think we should really quit this conversation about eggs.. let us not be hardboiled eggs! Lets not egg each other on...

The species of hens alive today are artificial and for their own good should be allowed to die off. And your suggestion of 'taking away their eggs otherwise the barns will be overflowing with chickens..' makes no sense. Those eggs aren't fertile, hence no 'overflow'. Each of those hens laid her first egg at about 16 weeks. They will live in darkness and filth for about 24 months and then they are either gassed or in some cases buried alive or hauled to a facility in all weather to be abused and killed. And vegans get all of that. Not being hatched in the first place is best, whether you are a tiny rooster chick or a hen chick.

As a point of interest that all men should know, I was reading a summary of a study that showed that 2.5 eggs per week, increases a man's chance of prostate cancer by 80%. No health benefits there wouldn't you say? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3232297/

As for dogs, let them be dogs and quit using them for our entertainment because that is not natural. We've developed mutant breeds that suffer because of it (bulldogs, boxers, dachshunds, etc.), again for our amusement. Never mind that they can't breathe, have skin problems because of the folds....cocker spaniels with ear problems, chihuahua's with teeth issues, eye issues....because we think they're cute despite their medical issues. And to go from the bad to the absolutely vile, that the sweet breeds like beagles are chosen for experimenting on because they are sweet, gentle and less likely to fight back than others.....and all of this is supported and promoted by a meat consuming global society because 'we've' talked ourselves into believing it's not only okay but a good thing.

Til the day I die, I will never quit this conversation about eggs, dogs, pigs, cows and their calves and every other animal that suffers at the hands of humanity. What kind of person would I be if I didn't speak out against abuse and suffering?