View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 10:43 AM
Knower
I'm not a scientist in any way but I did read on this once before because a family member had Hashimoto's disease. Please bear with my laymen translation, haha

We have receptors in our bodies that suck up certain vitamins, minerals, etc. that our organs need. A lot of receptors are for iodine, i.e. our thyroid.

Iodine is part of the halogen family. There is astatine, fluorine, bromine, chlorine, and iodine. The 3 not intended for living beings are chlorine, fluorine and bromine. Once upon a time, bread used to be made with iodine. Bromine (bromide, potassium bromate) replaced it because it was cheaper and easier to work with. The problem is that we started to intake more bromide and it basically bullied iodine out of the receptors. Then enter fluoridated dental products and chlorinated pools, drinking water, cleaners, etc. Iodine didint have a chance and our receptors are being overloaded with the halogens that are bad for us. Basically were being poisoned by baked goods, cleaners, pools, and toothpaste....and many more.

The book I read was, Iodine : Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It https://smile.amazon.com/Iodine-Need...s=iodine+books

and I copied this from the web. Where these halogens are most likely to be found:
Bromine: In medicines, fumigants, dyes, and water purification pounds.
Fluorine: air conditioning, refrigeration, and toothpaste.
Astatine: none
Iodine: plants and animals need trace amounts of iodine for normal growth, and also used for it's antibacterial qualities.
Chlorine: many cleaning products as well for disinfecting pool and drinking water.

The use of potassium bromate as an additive to commercial breads and baked goods has been a huge contributor to bromide overload in Western cultures. Bromated flour is “enriched” with potassium bromate. Commercial baking companies claim it makes the dough more elastic and better able to stand up to bread hooks. Potassium bromate is classified as a category 2B carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC). Potassium bromate has been banned from use in food products in the European Union, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Nigeria, South Korea, Peru and some other countries.