View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 10:49 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Is "we are learning to love" (from, and in the context of your post 13), become a necessity for survival? Perhaps better expressed as---Realising the essential need for loving behaviour as now being the only way forward if we are to survive ?-- (An acceptance of this form of expression seems to accommodate "free will", whereas any notion that "you must love or else" does not do so ?)
Often it takes some serious drilling down through various layers, and the analogy of peeling an onion is apt because it makes you cry too. If you are learning to Love then does that mean Love somehow eludes you? If so then what are the reasons for that? Would I Love myself myself if I didn't have a fat backside and I was more Spiritual? Is your Love for yourself conditional, and if so what are the reasons?

There are so many layers of frameworks, both Spiritual and personal, both internal and external that become barriers to us not Loving ourselves and often the building of those frameworks have been going on since we were children.

Love is not a concept and it is not external nor conditional, it is your core being. If there is a 'bottom line' question, it's did you Love yourself enough to give yourself this experience?