View Single Post
Old 31-12-2016, 12:50 PM
Knower

This is an interesting thread! I suffer from something called limerence and visit another forum for that so I've learned a lot about what my experiences mean in regards to that. My condition can include dreaming about the person I was limerent over and I still do even though at one point I'd gone months without even thinking about this guy, but I did have one dream that made me scratch my head, it sounded similar to what you're experiencing. This was the first dream I had about him months after not thinking or dreaming about him. Just out of the blue.

Now the twin flame subject had been brought up a couple of times over at the other forum I frequent, but there are just no concrete answers, and so it seems like that's that. I don't know either way if I subscribe to the twin flame thing, I just don't know enough about it, but if I did, this guy I was limerent over could very well be my twin flame so that's how I'll refer to him here.

I definitely was limerent, there was no doubt about that. But I felt like I had an inner sort of connection with him even though we were basically work acquaintances. I felt like we could communicate silently through like emotions and facial expressions, it was the strangest thing. I was intensely interested and attracted to him and I felt that he felt the same way, especially when a mutual friend of ours, who I hadn't told of my feelings, wanted to get me and TF together. She never said why she wanted to get us together but I just assumed that maybe she could sense or tell that I liked him and that was why. This was in the summer of '14.

Right after that, my last living grandmother went into the hospital and a week later she was gone. Just like that. So I was grieving for awhile and avoided everyone including my friend and TF. Words couldn't possibly describe how alone I felt.

About three months later, I'd started yearning for my TF again and thinking about what my friend had said, that I should make a move on him. Then I saw him flirting with another of our coworkers in the parking lot one morning. This woman who had started a month earlier. They'd become friends but I didn't think anything of it because I was so wrapped up in my own emotions and I mean, I've had guy friends.

But that day, I felt blindsided and just completely stupid when I thought they liked each other and I'd spent two years at that point pining over him and almost listening to my friend. The next evening after I saw them again together at the lockers, I just walked away without being seen and went to put my lunch away. He was still there and just wouldn't leave.

After the staff meeting, I went out to go to work, and apparently he was still out at the lockers and almost ran right into me as I turned the corner and since he was taller than me, I just kind of avoided him and went to go to work. A few minutes after that, I was standing at the fitting rooms waiting to see my task for the day and he walked by the minute I went up there. He didn't come real close, he just came around a corner, his eyes directly on me, and kept walking, staring at me, his head turning and everything as he walked, giving me this weird cryptic, sad stare. I just kind of broke the eye contact and looked down. This is just one example of how I felt we could communicate without speaking, but I thought I was just crazy to assign that much meaning to it. You can tell I've put a lot of thought into all of it.

I started trying to avoid him after that, just quietly, I wasn't rude about it, but I saw him more in two weeks than I ever did in two years of him working there at that point. Then the other girl left and things went back to normal, but I was angry at him for a whole year and wanted to get over him, stop working with him, etc.

A year later I lost my job for attendance reasons, got a better one right away, and my life seemed on the up and up but what happened the year before that still followed me around like a nasty shadow. When I talked to our mutual friend who'd left that job, she told me that TF had told her he liked me and that was why she'd wanted to get us together but I was so afraid I'd been wrong about him, and thought it was too late, especially after the year of being angry at him. I wasn't even sure it was what I wanted anymore, even though I still couldn't get him out of my head. It was like we had a relationship and break-up, like I knew who he was already.

I went to see him exactly a year ago today and I was going to suss out once and for all if he had a girlfriend and if he wanted to go to one of my new coworkers' New Years party. Well he had to work early New Year's Day and the management at that workplace had started picking on him so I didn't even tell him about the party or invite him, and the girlfriend thing, well, he didn't bite the bait. He really didn't seem all that interested in me or what I was doing so I just kind of left it at that.

I briefly started seeing a guy from my new job, but things cooled off when I started having problems with the night manager there and I just kind of withdrew. I had to change shifts to get away from this manager. I eventually left that job and decided to relocate two months ago after being unemployed all summer in my hometown.

I don't know when exactly I stopped being limerent over TF, it just so happened that several months went by, and I'd thrown myself into another interest of mine without even knowing that I'd completely stopped thinking of TF. Until the dream I had a few months ago about TF.

Even though I had a wild imagination as a child, I consider myself to be the kind of person who wants a "rational" explanation for everything and some things just can't be explained.

So anyway this dream that I had, seemed real, like I actually left my body and went where I went, etc. In the dream I started out looking for the spirit or whatever of somebody who was deceased (long story) and I was looking in a physical location far away from where I lived, and at some point I was accompanied by someone, and realized it was my TF. He was holding my hand and generally treating me in a romantic way. Then I realized we weren't where I wanted to be, we were back in my hometown and TF was kissing me goodbye and then he left, and I remember thinking right before I woke up, "wait, this isn't where I wanted to be! Why am I here and why can't I find who I was looking for???" I was actually mad. When I woke up, I felt exhausted like I'd really done all the travelling I'd done in the dream and it just felt really real. So I can vouch for how real that feels.

I'm sorry I wrote all of this in your thread, I'd meant to start my own about this at some point, but I saw yours on the same subject when I came on tonight and there are other things in here I wanted to respond to.

Especially about the thing about the dark entities. I've had a few visitation dreams from deceased people as well as this strange dream but it never occurred to me that a dark entity could be behind that, that's rather frightening. In my case, my mutual friend and TF had apparently had a lot of interest in the paranormal and the same TV shows and he seemed a rather spiritual-type person, so like someone said, it's possible that he's really skilled in astral travel (I know I'm certainly not) so he could know how to visit me. Or I could just be assigning too much meaning to all of this when it means nothing.

When I complained about still dreaming about my TF on the other forum, someone else had mentioned that when it happened to them, they thought it was just this person saying hi in their astral travels and nothing more. I had never heard of astral travels and I started wondering myself if that's what happened to me this time.

In my case, I got so sick of dreaming of my TF period that I prayed to my deceased grandparents to please knock some sense into me when I start dreaming about him, if I'm the one going to him or if he's coming to me, or whatever.

I've never put a lot of meaning into dreams, I never believed that dreaming of someone means a whole lot, but I still dream about this guy way too much, and even though that's the only potentially "astral travel" dream that comes to my mind, if that's really what it is, I want it to stop. I've moved eight-hundred-something miles away from him and my hometown, I'm ready for a new start and I have no desire to go backward and yet I still can't get this guy out of my mind or dreams. I can still sense him in front of me like he's actually here sometimes even though I know he's not. It's so weird.