View Single Post
Old 14-10-2018, 08:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight

Regarding there not being enough vegetation to feed 7 million people.... The animals themselves have to be fed on grains,corn etc grown of the earth.
If meat can be mass produced then that meat in its life needs feeding.
Surely that food that is fed to them could be used to to feed people, corn and grain could go a long way as animals themselves would not be in the numbers they are now in any way.. as they would not be needed to be mass produced and artificially bred. Nature would naturally select.
Yes and no...

The grains fed to the animals are not always suitable for human consumption, at least it's likely most people wouldn't like it, so what would be necessary is the growing of different crops, which is very much possible as we have changed crops and soil throughout history. Never believe farmers who say they can't grow anything else! They have an agenda..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight
I still stand by what I have said all along.. love and compassion for all living things is the basis of spirituality.
I wish you well
Yes exactly.. it's a no brainer. Humans are also striving to be more than mere animals so we should welcome civilization and make it as sustainable as possible.. and not just imitate wild animals and imagine billions of people could live like hunters. We can't and a lot of land has become an ecological desert. I come across people online and offline that make nothing but naturalistic fallacies.. ''It's nature therefore it's okay''.. They are basically saying that to be a human is to be nothing but an animal and never strive to nurture our unique human nature and its capacity to change.