View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 05:45 PM
Administrator
Hello

We always have other beings of Light that are there to Guide us along the path. We are the one that has to do the work though and you do get this. SO that is a huge start right there.

What might get in the way of the flow of meditation is not being grounded and in that not able to stop what I call "Brain Chatter". As Medium I can not deeply meditate as those in Spirit see it as quiet time for me to be contacted more openly. So I have a different form of brain chatter....I have spirit chatter.

I was give a technique that works well and I have taught it in Astral Projection Workshops.

Its called "Book Shelving"

What is it is a pre meditation focus exercise that will set the place to be more in line for meditation to flow.

Your relax and take in three deep breaths slowly in and then out. Then you imagine making a book shelf, the sides the back the shelves in your mind. You then again take the three deep breaths and open to focus on what you want to put on that book shelf for the time of the meditation, issues that are in your day to put there, issues that your working on. Problems that your having can go there.

In putting things off your mind, onto the shelf for the time of the meditation you are better able to focus on the meditation. After the meditation you take the items back off the book shelf and you might find that some things are not taken back. Then you take down the book shelf.

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingEssence
Thanks Lynn.
As I said I am working on solving my problem. But I also want to continue my practices of spiritual growth if I can.
When you said that certain things might be blocked by my higher self, I was struck with a feeling. I also have experienced that sometimes higher intelligence intervenes and guides you towards right way.

I just can't focus nowadays. I don't like my mind wandering. And as I said I start my day with workout and meditation. Without meditation, I feel like I am growing weak. I need to do this.

But yes, I will focus more on problem at hand.
I will contact you again when I get past the problem and start working on my growth with full dedication.