View Single Post
Old 15-10-2019, 11:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I am an empath and I have always been this way... This is one of the things that I love about myself, I care for everyone and I feel their suffering even the suffering of people that are completely strangers to me, and because of this, I also feel a great deal of inner suffering.I feel like a magnet for the suffering of people and not just only people... To me the greatest suffering to an empath is to not be able to relieve the pain of other people.. The very nature of your being says that you are born to help here and yet you can't and this is horrible.When I see a dead animal I always say something like: "Goodbye my little one"; in fact I do the very same thing with the deceased people, it does not matter if I know them or not.I can't do many things for myself because I feel that I do a "bad" thing, it's like why I am doing something for myself when the core of my being screams to do something for other people, for this very reason I make sure I don't do too much for myself.When I eat good food I think about the people who have almost nothing and nothing to eat, it hurts... When I have a good time with my family I feel that I should not be happy because there are people suffering in the world.I can go on and on, I love this thing at myself but it's causing me a "ton" of pain and yet I would not give it up for nothing in this world.

I simply can't understand why all people are not like me, I can't understand how can they think so much of themselves and how they can do so many things for themselves, I just can't, my mind can't comprehend this idea.. This is also making me sad and angry at those people who are so obsessed with their well being and sometimes I hate them but then I do what I do the best, I put myself in their shoes and I understand... I will do the very same thing if I would be just like them.

This ability, "to put myself in the shoes of other people" is how I feel the suffering of other people...

I also feel mercy and have a great deal of understanding for the people who were/are bad with me, I see them as being blind and that they are living in darkness, they can't see that they are hurting me.I remember all the moments I hurt someone in this world, I kept these memories as a way to remind myself that I have to grow to not make the same mistakes again.
Hello.
Understanding suffering with compassion gives you as the sensitive the ability to overcome into a beautiful state of balance within all life. As Davidson shared the potential of deep care and feeling moves through all life. Joy and love are also the potential within you.

We are not meant to be martyrs, compassion and self love go hand in hand with self and others. Many empaths give so much to others yet neglect the very foundation in themselves because they think it has to be all about others.

I’ve lived amongst and been a part of empaths communities for over twenty years. I see many forgo their own needs for the sake of others. Many have spiralled into poor health and self care later in life.

You matter as much as the other.

Self care, self love is not selfish. It’s creating a full tank to be able to live more authentically as your sensitive compassionate self, without drain and struggles. Live and be the person you were born to be.

Learning through all streams of life, builds a balanced view from within. Balance means you understand, your aware and you live aware. There is no hatred or need to make others change, for how they are. In total acceptance you open in your live and joy of being and know your enough as you are. You move and share you as you are. That is enough. The world won’t change by constantly thinking about suffering. The world can change when you act and move from a place to inspire others, as you can model.