View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 11:06 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
I hear horrible things regarding the moral standard set by the God of the bible such as that we are flawed sinful human beings worthy of condemnation and judgment. According to God, I, as a kind and respectful human being, am a corrupt individual worthy of condemnation since I do not believe in this God and do not serve my life to him. This really makes me wonder if my moral standard is better than God's. What if God's moral standard is not perfectly righteous?

What if he really is the type of God that Richard Dawkins and Matt Dillahunty make him out to be? In which case, if this God is real, then he would not be an all loving, all just, and perfectly righteous being. Therefore, as for those types of Christians who claim that God's moral standard is perfectly righteous, how do you know? The idea that he had his son sacrificed isn't enough to justify his claimed perfect righteousness because anyone can make a sacrifice for you. But that doesn't make them a perfectly righteous person.

You can have any type of God who is claimed to be all knowing and perfect, but he needs to have the perfectly righteous moral standard. For example, if it were claimed that there was a perfect God who created this universe and his moral standard was the absolute worst standard of all such as one set by a psychopath or even Hitler, then just because you believe such a God exists does not justify his moral standard as also being perfect. Therefore, for Christians to believe God exists does not justify his moral standard as being perfectly righteous. His moral standard could very well be one of a psychopath and this is what I am thinking here.

Suggested read:
The Edgar Cayce Companion by B. Ernest Frejer
The Nag Hammaddi Library by Glen Robinson
Jesus Speaks by Glenda Green
A Course In Miracles

Why???? So you can KNOW GOD ! Your questions are answered through direct communion of CONSCIOUSNESS with Super-Consciousness.

Your Observations are accurate ...... not all your conclusions though. Neither were mine! Even long after that initial communion ..... what is learned in IT ... is still UNFOLDING and surprising me often.

You are HARD WIRED to make this a Reality for yourself.

A true Christian ..... is not simply a member of this or that church ........ the True Christian can be anyone regardless of religion or not. "Christ - in U " would be a better term for True Christian .....