View Single Post
Old 23-10-2017, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
Thank you for the insight and response. I think all those are important things, it’s apart of give and take in relationships. Common courtesy, manners, looking passed our own feelings and day to day problems, to give others some respect and courteousness.

However, what I’m talking about goes beyond simple pleasantries. Yes, it’s importamt to do those things, not everybody does even just the smallest acts of kindness. But again, that is just a symptom. Do we really know ourselves, what makes us happy....am I really being selfish, by recognizing that the first person who has to be cared for....is the self? Yes we can exchange pleasantries, but without the energy behind it...it’s just seems mundane.

It’s better than being rude, I agree. But, is it just living, and what’s the difference between just living and being alive?

To have relationships with others, it seems normal to go through each day, exchanging humdrum pleasantries....while inside, we are suffering, wanting more in life.

I’m seeking self love....and self worth...that each interaction I have, isn’t always an exchange of pleasantries and niceties. I’m looking for true self love, that says and feels I am right with myself and with God, and the world I general....regardless of the circumstances and outcome.

I know it won’t be perfect, and I know life is up and down...Im not looking for the extremes, good, bad, right, wrong, ....I’m looking for the balance, contentment, and true self worth.

I want to be that person, that you can sit next to....silently, and feel that kind of spirituality.

I don’t mean take care of ourselves as....Got to have the best clothes, house, car.....the biggest steak, while everyone else is eating hotdogs, or being the first in line. Those are humanly ideas of taking care of yourself first, I’m talking spiritual self.

Colorado, whilst you seek who you are, and I understand what you are saying, I am also saying that the greatest love you are and can be whilst incarnated is what we allow to naturally outpour to ourselves and to those around us. To the world around us.

Pleasantries are not mundane or trite, even if necessary. They are one of the purest expressions of agape for the stranger and for all those we touch. The outpouring of authentic love for self and others. And whilst we discover who we are, we can continue to engage with others and be and do the authentic love we are.

To be honest, presence is nice, and there are those whose presence moves us. But in nearly all cases, it moves us when they invite us in, as in giving a talk. Or most of all, for many, when they speak to us or bless us or embrace us personally. Your presence or my presence is a powerful thing, but its effect is always most powerfully experienced person-to-person. Not only sitting next to someone but particularly when speaking to them personally, smiling, helping, and generally being with them with intention.

If we are seeking to have a deeper connection with others and with the world around us, and that is what I am getting from your words, then you are right to seek to deepen your connection with yourself. But to connect with others deeply, you then will need to engage with others more personally and more transparently, more authentically. With more authentic love manifested. And so we are back to the kindnesses and the courtesies, but offered now from a deeper connection with your centre.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke